An architectural game for youth (family special) - theme #13
Mis à jour : juin 27
This is an opportunity to get together as a family to discuss the theme of "Art and Architecture". This week, the Museum is offering you a virtual visit to the youth exhibition Je suis chantier [Still Under Construction] presented at the MAJ in 2019.
What do you think "Architecture" means?
- Architecture is the art of constructing, designing and positioning buildings.
- Architects must know design, geometry, mathematics, and much more to build solid buildings that meet safety requirements, but are also beautiful and now energy-efficient.
Energy-Efficient: An energy-efficient house tries to limit its energy consumption or avoid losses on the energy produced inside it. 💡
Let's take a look at the Je suis chantier exhibition
- To do so, I invite you to consult the following link: 👀https://view.genial.ly/5edfd3cc3547100d6c3499e3/interactive-image-je-suis-chantier.
- Click on the icons to discover every nook and cranny of this exhibition that combines theatre, visual arts, and architecture!
Kévin Pinvidic and Cédric Delorme-Bouchard, Je suis chantier, exhibition view, Musée d’art de Joliette, 2019. Photo: Romain Guilbault.
It's your turn to play! 😃
- Why not use blocks to build your own building!
- Have fun with shapes, colours, and textures.
- Experiment with horizontal and vertical lines.
- Then imagine the characters that live inside:
- Who are they?
- Where do they come from?
- What is their everyday life like?
👉 Don't forget to send us your work at firstname.lastname@example.org
This activity was prepared by Ariane Cardinal, Curator of Education at the Musée d'art de Joliette. 💜
PARTICIPATE IN QUARANTINED MUSEUM
You have until Wednesday, June 30, 2020 at noon to send us your creations inspired by the theme of the week.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
And click here to see all "family special" activities. 🎨✨